Sherwood Electromotion Inc. (SEI) a leading independent provider of assembly, overhaul and manufacturing services for propulsion systems equipment and electrical rotating apparatus for Rail, Mass Transit and Wind Industries, serving North America and the World.
We are looking for Electric Rotating Motor Tester
Perform varied and moderately complex final inspection and quality control testing work on a variety of AC and DC traction motors, generators, motor alternators and blowers. This work primarily involves the final inspection and quality control testing of all repaired units.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capable of performing electrical tests (Insulation Resistance, Hi-Pot, Surge, Resistance, Bar to Bar, Impedance) and mechanical measurements as they relate to the motor fault analysis, test bed setup and operation with related computer functions
- Capable of reading and understanding motor coil and wiring interconnection diagrams and their preparation
Operating principles and use of the following equipment:
- Test bed set-up and associated equipment
- Computer equipment and applications
- Overhead Cranes, Load Tester machine (dynamometer), Profiler machine (TIR) and printing results, ITR’s and paper work
- Knowledge of all AC and DC drivers such as VFDs, Rectifiers, and motor control systems.
- Knowledge of motor construction (AC and DC) and acceptance criteria according to the manufacturer’s specifications
- Understanding of motor concepts and principles of total indicator run-out and alignment
- Superior mathematical capabilities with an understanding of motor performance
- Knowledge of safety requirements (electrical) for testing
- Knowledge of fundamental electrical codes and principles
- Understanding of Safety concepts and ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System
- Perform related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
Require training normally obtained through Grade 12 technical school education, electrical engineering technologist program or its equivalent
Must have considerable mechanical and electrical aptitude
Due to the high number of applications received for this role, SEI requests ALL applicants