Job Title: Information Technology (IT) Manager
Division: Bailey Metal Products Limited - Concord
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: CFO
The Information Technology Manager is responsible for the effective operation of information technology (IT) services and support across the organization. This incumbent oversees IT project management, resource management, supervision of IT staff, as well as communication with executive team, business unit leaders, and end users. The IT Manager is also responsible for IT strategic and tactical planning, as well as identifying, selecting, and deploying the appropriate technology resources that will support corporate goals and objectives.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The responsibilities and accountabilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide strategic direction in optimizing SAP ERP solutions and manage the enhancements.
- Provide management oversight for the Company’s IT infrastructure (hardware, software, telephone and network); including strategic direction, selection, standardization, negotiation and management of the vendor relationships.
- Work closely with all Management to ensure IT systems meet the business requirements and ensure on-going communication is maintained.
- Develop and manage the IT capital, operations and training budget and achieve cost savings wherever possible.
- Ensure all IT systems and infrastructures are secure, available, reliable and responsive through the development, implementation and maintenance of procedures, processes and solutions.
- Provide overall management and development of the organizations internet and intranet presence (domains, websites, B2B, e-commerce, portals, etc.).
- Formalize IT processes for expenditures, projects and operations (Incident, Problem, Change, Configure, Release).
- Ensure suitable and effective end-user support service and training are established and maintained at all locations.
- Manage all necessary documentation including maintaining appropriate licenses.
- Maintain and further develop an IT business continuity/disaster recovery plan.
- Stay informed on new or emerging trends and technologies that provide clear benefits to the organization, business partners, and/or customers.
- Ensure strategic partnerships with suppliers are reviewed and maintained.
- Maintain oversight of all IT projects/programs. Create and present status reports as required to Senior Management.
Human Resources & Health and Safety
- Lead, coach, mentor and motivate subordinates by conducting annual employee performance and goal reviews and holding regular employee and departmental meetings.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection process and employee performance management issues.
- Understand, support, and adhere to the company’s health and safety policies, programs and procedures by communicating and promoting health and safety awareness to coworkers and subordinates.
- Participate in Company quarterly inventory counts.
- Maintain a high standard of professional knowledge, ethics and practices when dealing with customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner that reflects integrity and respect towards customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Other responsibilities and accountabilities as assigned by the CFO.
- 7+ years’ experience working within a senior IT management role for a medium or large sized company with multiple locations, preferably in the manufacturing industry.
- Completed degree in computer science or other related discipline.
- Project Management certifications (PMP or CAPM) an asset.
- Microsoft technical certifications, courses and/or experience.
- Experienced with SAP ERP systems in a medium sized company with multiple locations.
- Experienced managing the IT infrastructure of a medium sized company with multiple locations.
- Advanced proficiency with all Microsoft Office, Project, Visio and SharePoint.
- Customer focused with strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Office and plant environment.
- Travel required.
- Overtime as required.
Job Type: Permanent
- Senior IT Management: 7 years